Provision of Post Design Services (PDS), the supply of Spares and Repairs to the Ministry of Defence
TIS have been providing contractual support to the MoD for over 50 years and have therefore established a reputable relationship together. The skills and experience gained during this time has enabled TIS to sustain a solid platform of knowledge.
As an approved contractor to the UK Ministry of Defence, TIS has established an enviable association with the Royal Navy, which has developed into the design, manufacture, and supply, installation and maintenance of a wide variety of communication and surveillance systems.
In accordance with three separate contracts held between 2010 and 2017 , the provisions of services included but were not limited to:
- Provision of Engineering support
- Removal and refitting of equipment
- Safe custody and design of records
- Undertake tasks in support of the equipment under the contract
- Investigate and provide advice on Defect Reports and Ship operational defects
- Provide Ad-hoc technical Advice to the Equipment Project Manager
- Design and development of modifications
- Development of new systems/sub systems – obsolescence
MoD CONTRACTS AWARDED TO TIS:
- ‘Provision of Post Design Services (PDS), the supply of Spares and Repairs for Rationalised Internal Communications Equipment (RICE) 1, RICE 2, Main Broadcast & Analogue Infra-red (IR) Communications Equipment’
Re-awarded in 2012 following the successful tender bid for a 4 year contract.
The Rationalised Internal Communication System (RICE) provides a ships internal communications network for point-to-point (Interphone), point to multipoint, open line and Intercom operations, as well as providing interfaces with the ships telephone exchange and radio systems.
As experts in the field, TIS are fully equipped to devise, install and train on RICE and RICE2 Systems.
RICE 2 units are fully programmable to suit the required application and position within the ship and come in various designs including basic speech operation to sophisticated Torpedo Warning Devices.
- ‘Provision of Post Design Services (PDS), the supply of Spares and Repairs for CCTV and Digital Private Automatic Branch Exchange (PABX)’
Awarded in 2013 following the successful tender bid for a 4 year contract
Gaining a vast knowledge and experience of Ships Digital Telephone Systems and Ancillary and CCTV equipment TIS provide maintenance of Digital Private Automatic Branch Exchange (PABX) (Telephone Exchange) capability currently in place on Royal Navy Capital Ships and some classes of Submarines and Royal Fleet Auxiliary Platforms.
- ‘Provision of Post Design Services (PDS), the supply of Spares and Repairs for Flight Deck Communications Equipment ‘
Awarded in 2010 following the successful tender bid for a 4 year contract
Flight Deck Communications systems utilises short range radio, umbilical cable and magnetic loops to provide a method for ship communication between aircraft, the captain of the Flight Deck and Flight Deck Personnel.
TIS avidly maintain support for Telebrief, Flight Dec Mag Loop and Personal Role Radio (PRR) Systems. These systems often encroach into other Item Management structures – Rationalised Internal Communications Equipment (RICE) and Main Broadcast.
RECENT CONTRACT AWARD
Having held the above short terms Contracts in the past, expiring in summer 2017, TIS have since been awarded a 7 year support contract bringing these services under one longer-term Contract, delivering improved efficiencies and highlighting smarter support strategies. For more information, please visit http://www.tis.co.uk/category/news/.