Estimator– Ref: V153
Based in Nottingham
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career within the security and communications industry. You would be required to prepare bills of materials and quotations from client specifications and drawings for various fire and security systems. You will need to have excellent communication skills, an ability to interpret client’s requirements and understand building layouts and schematics.
The role involves: –
- Preparation of designs and quotations for, but not limited to; Fire and Security systems.
- Carrying out site surveys.
- Ensuring designs fully comply with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Working to defined quotas, deadlines and budgets.
- Communicate and build successful working relationships with customers and other employees.
- You will ideally be an accomplished estimator within the security industry with at least 2 years’ experience of estimating security and fire systems or an experienced engineer looking to develop their career (minimum of 5 years’ experience).
- You will have a working knowledge of BS5839-1 & 6:2013, RRO:2005 and BS50132-7:2010.
- Good IT skills and a familiarity with Microsoft software.
- Have a keen interest in technology and providing innovative and cost effective solutions.
- A Positive, self-motivated proactive individual.
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Good communication skills with the ability to build successful working relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be well organised and have self-discipline.
- Work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines.
- Have the desire to learn and continually improve your knowledge.
- A knowledge of PD662:2010, BS8243:2010, BS60839-11-2 and BS50173-2
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm.
Salary: £24,000 – £32,000 – Dependant on skills, experience and qualifications.
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life and Accident Insurance, Medical Cash Plan and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediate Start
Please send your CV to:
Mrs Sharon Garton, HR Manager Mrs Sharon Garton, HR Manager
TIS Ltd, Hamilton Way, Oakham Business Park Unit 7b, Colwick Quays, Colwick Business Park
Mansfield, Notts NG18 5BU Nottingham NG4 2JY
TIS are an equal opportunities employer