TIS are one of the UK’s leading Fire, Security and Communications Companies with over 65 years’ experience. We are an NSI Gold and BAFE accredited Company who specialise in the design, installation, service and maintenance of integrated security systems. TIS work with a wide range of public and private sector businesses and have achieved a reputation for quality, care and reliability that is second to none. TIS are continually investing in the development of their employees to ensure they maintain a highly skilled workforce.
We are looking to expand its Fire Commissioning team due to their continued success and are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated multi-skilled engineer. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their career and become a valued member of the commissioning team. You should be positive and enthusiastic having the ability to meet the client’s requirements and the capability to work independently or within a team when required.
Fire Alarm Commissioning Engineer – Ref: V148
Location: Northampton/Milton Keynes area
The role involves: –
- Commissioning of small & large Fire Alarm/Detection Systems including networking.
- Ensuring systems are installed to the correct standards.
- Assisting the project team get the completed project completed within the time frame and budget.
- Additions to systems.
- Assisting in the commissioning of other systems when requested.
- Ensure that the client is satisfied with the servicing/commissioning of the system prior to leaving site.
- Accurate completion of documentation.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
- Working to safe health and safety practices at all times.
Key Experience/qualifications: –
- Experience in Commissioning Fire Alarm/Detection Systems
- Working knowledge of BS5839
- FIA Units 1, 6 and 7 (desirable)
- Experience on both addressable, non-addressable and Part 6 systems
- Experience with Gent products is preferred but not essential
- Experience on large networked systems.
- The ability to liaise with sub contractors, third party contractors and clients alike
- A working knowledge of fire systems cause & effect
- Experience of Warden Call, Nurse Call, Door Entry and Access Control is a distinct advantage
- Full UK driving licence.
- ECS Card.
- Work on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Work well under pressure & be able to meet deadlines
- Understanding commercial aspects of projects and be able to work to them
- Communicate and build successful working relationships with customers and other employees
- Excellent IT skills
- Have the desire to learn and continually improve your knowledge.
In return we are more than happy to invest in developing your career and can offer the following package:
Working hours: Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm
Job Type: Permanent with immediate start
Salary: Competitive dependant on experience, skills and qualifications
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life and Accident Insurance, Medical Cash Plan, Birthday holiday, Cycle to Work, Company vehicle, laptop and phone
Please send your CV to:
Mrs Sharon Garton, HR Manager, TIS Ltd, Hamilton Way, Oakham Business Park, Mansfield, Notts NG18 5BU
TIS are an equal opportunities employer