The Company are looking to expand its Fire Commissioning team due to their continued success and are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated multi-skilled engineer. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their career and become a valued member of the commissioning team. You should be positive and enthusiastic having the ability to meet the client’s requirements and the capability to work independently or within a team when required.
Fire Alarm Commissioning Engineer – Ref: V148
Location: Northampton/Milton Keynes area
The role involves: –
- Commissioning of small & large Fire Alarm/Detection Systems including networking.
- Ensuring systems are installed to the correct standards.
- Assisting the project team get the completed project completed within the time frame and budget.
- Additions to systems.
- Assisting in the commissioning of other systems when requested.
- Ensure that the client is satisfied with the servicing/commissioning of the system prior to leaving site.
- Accurate completion of documentation.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
- Working to safe health and safety practices at all times.
Key Experience/qualifications: –
- Experience in Commissioning Fire Alarm/Detection Systems
- Working knowledge of BS5839
- FIA Units 1, 6 and 7 (desirable)
- Experience on both addressable, non-addressable and Part 6 systems
- Experience with Gent products is preferred but not essential
- Experience on large networked systems.
- The ability to liaise with sub contractors, third party contractors and clients alike
- A working knowledge of fire systems cause & effect
- Experience of Warden Call, Nurse Call, Door Entry and Access Control is a distinct advantage
- Full UK driving licence.
- ECS Card.
- Work on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Work well under pressure & be able to meet deadlines
- Understanding commercial aspects of projects and be able to work to them
- Communicate and build successful working relationships with customers and other employees
- Excellent IT skills
- Have the desire to learn and continually improve your knowledge.
In return we are more than happy to invest in developing your career and can offer the following package:
Working hours: Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm
Job Type: Permanent with immediate start
Salary: Competitive dependant on experience, skills and qualifications
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life and Accident Insurance, Medical Cash Plan, Birthday holiday, Cycle to Work, Company vehicle, laptop and phone
Please send your CV to:
Mrs Sharon Garton, HR Manager, TIS Ltd, Hamilton Way, Oakham Business Park, Mansfield, Notts NG18 5BU
TIS are an equal opportunities employer