Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Co-ordinator – Ref: V164
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to become a valued member of the HSE Management Systems team. The role requires you to be a highly organised and motivated individual with good knowledge of Health and Safety within the technology and construction industry. You should be able to prioritise a demanding workload and have a flexible and adaptable approach to work. You should have meticulous attention to detail and a thorough approach to work, particularly in relation to documentation. The role would suit a confident individual with excellent people skills who is able to communicate with a range of stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right calibre of individual, with scope for development within a dynamic growing business.
The role involves:
- Working with and maintaining the management systems for Health and Safety control processes and acting as the business representative.
- Leading the Company’s Safety Panel.
- Supporting the quality team, implement, audit and improve the Health and Safety/Environmental Management Systems in all departments.
- Carry out environmental/health and safety audits for site and internal. Report audit findings; prepare audit reports and non-conformity reports where appropriate.
- Monitor the implementation and review the effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Support the documentation of policies, processes, procedures for the HSE Management System and maintain/update as required.
- To facilitate and manage documentation revision and generation in compliance with good documentation practices.
- Co-ordinate and deliver awareness training including toolbox talks, HSE alerts and briefings to all employees.
- Assist with the streamlining of our Company Management Systems (Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety).
- Support the preparation of reports to Senior Management.
- To ensure that the business’ top management/leaders are aware of their responsibilities under the requirements on those systems.
- To promote the benefits on those systems and champion continual improvement.
- Provide HSE input to bid and tenders as required by the business.
- Take a lead role in any third-party audits.
- Experience of working in a similar role, understand the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 (now ISO 45001).
- Knowledge of or working to CDM2015 Regulations.
- Although Health and Safety/environmental qualifications are desirable they are not a requirement and other office-based competencies may be more beneficial.
- Experience in establishing, implementing, maintaining, auditing and improving quality, environmental and health, safety management systems.
- Confident interaction using written and verbal communications, together with accurate capture and timely effective closure of actions.
- A methodical approach to processing information in a systematic way and tenacity in completing action deadlines.
- Have good time management.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Valid driving licence, as some business travel will be required on occasion.
You should have the ability to:
- Confidently use MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Be able to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Confidently lead and take responsibility for third-party audits
- Work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines
- Keep good, accurate records
- Good oral communications skills and able to converse confidently with all levels of management.
- Ability to work with operational teams to improve the systems currently used and increase efficiency.
In return we are more than happy to invest in developing your career and can offer the following package:
Working hours: Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm (Permanent)
Salary: Dependant on experience, skills and qualifications
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life and Accident Insurance, Medical Cash Plan, Cycle to Work Scheme and Birthday Holiday
Please send your CV to: Mrs Sharon Garton, HR Manager, TIS Ltd, Hamilton Way, Oakham Business Park, Mansfield, Notts NG18 5BU
TIS are an equal opportunities employer