Our responsibilities to you
Maintenance of a Help Point
As per BS 6259:2015 The Code of practice for the design planning, installation, testing and maintenance of sound systems the following inspection and test of the system will be carried out:
- The system logbook will be examined to check that any faults recorded have received appropriate attention. Repeated system faults to be identified and reported to client.
- A visual inspection will be made to check whether structural or occupancy changes have affected the system.
- Each outstation will be operated to check that the outstation is functioning and that speech is clear and intelligible. A visual inspection should be made to check that all outstations remain unobstructed and conspicuous.
- All controls and visual indicators at control and indicating equipment will be checked for correct operation;
- All further checks and tests recommended by the manufacturer of the sound system equipment and other components of the system will be carried out.
- Clean dust and grime from the system equipment;
- Following the work carried out above, any outstanding defects will be reported to the responsible person and the system logbook will be completed.
- A Comprehensive report (including asset list, detailing system status and any recommendations) will be provided.