Servicing of Automatic Doors – Our responsibilities to you.
Total Integrated Solutions Ltd will service your Automatic Doors in accordance with BS 7036.
TIS Automatic Sliding Doors Maintenance Engineers are qualified to work on automatic doors to BS 7036 using the Automatic Door Technician Check List. Automatic sliding doors will be formally inspected for maintenance on a six-monthly basis. Our engineers will carry out the following maintenance procedures.
All maintenance checks will be carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions including the following checks:
- Check that the door is activated from a range of approximately 1400mm. Checking that the safety devices are working correctly, and that the moving door leaf avoids contact with any person using the door.
- Ensure that there are no distractions or obstructions in the vicinity of the door which may congest or inhibit traffic flow.
- Check that the door has no tripping or slipping hazards.
- Check all door panels for broken or cut glass.
- Check that all doors have signs displayed at recommended viewing heights.
- Check the position and security of associated screens and barriers.
- Check that all doors activated by the fire system in “Fire” mode operate correctly (a requirement of BS 5839).
- Protective devices tested using an approved CA Reference body.
- All checks will be recorded and entered in a logbook (in accordance with the standard EN 16005 Power operated pedestrian door sets) which is kept onsite. If a fault is found which affects safe operation of the door, then the door operating equipment will be switched off and the door made safe.
The Maintenance Engineer will check the in ‘Fire’ mode operates correctly (a requirement of BS 5839) If a fault is found which affects safe operation of the door, then the door operating equipment must be switched off and the door made safe.