Systems Designer – Ref: V127
Based in Mansfield
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career within the security and communications industry. You would be required to prepare design proposals, bills of materials and quotations from client specifications & drawings for various communication, life safety & security systems. You will need to have excellent communication skills, an ability to interpret client’s requirements and understand building layouts and schematics.
The role involves: –
- Preparation of designs and quotations for, but not limited to; Fire and Security systems.
- Ensuring designs fully comply with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Working to defined quotas, deadlines and budgets.
- Communicate and build successful working relationships with customers and other employees.
- Completion of training courses to increase knowledge and performance.
- You will ideally be an accomplished designer within the security industry with at least 2 years’ experience of producing designs and quotations.
- You will have a working knowledge of BS5839-1 & 6, RRO, and BS50132-7.
- Good IT skills and a familiarity with Microsoft software.
- You will have a track record of routinely exceeding your KPIs.
- Have a keen interest in technology and providing innovative and cost-effective solutions.
- Good attention to detail.
- You will be a team player with ambition who is willing to learn new technologies and procedures.
Experience/Qualification (preferred but not essential):
- Level 3 qualification in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or related subject.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD LT software package.
- A knowledge of PD6662, NCP104, NCP109, BS8243, BS60839-11-2, BS50173-2, Equality Act 2010, Building Regulations, Secure by Design and relevant Codes of Practice.
- Experience of designing systems with high levels of integration.
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm
Job Type: Permanent with an immediate start
Salary: Competitive – Dependant on skills, experience and qualifications.
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life and Accident Insurance, Medical Cash Plan, Cycle to Work and Childcare Voucher Scheme, Company Vehicle
Please send your CV to:
Mrs Sharon Garton, HR Manager, Hamilton Way, Oakham Business Park, Mansfield, Notts, NG18 5BU
TIS are an equal opportunities employer